Shipping Tag Placecards

Do you remember my shipping tag place cards? Well I'm finally getting around to showing you how to do them. It's pretty cut and dry, but I think the result is very nice. I like the handmade feel of them. I think I just might get a nod from Tim Holtz, the tag master, himself!!! Just kidding, this is pretty elementary stuff for him! But if you have limited time, limited resources, and limited funds -this is perfect!

Shipping tags are available at any office supply store, very inexpensively. I purchased a couple of different sizes. I keep them on hand for quick gift tags, scrap booking, or leaving my husband little love notes...no not really-scratch that last idea...:)

In my rubber stamp collection, I have a number of leaf stamps, I selected the maple leaf in 3 sizes. Any motif of your choice would be fine.

Coffee staining is super simple, I feel kind of silly explaining it, but just in case you don't know......make yourself a 'coffee' bath (with instant coffee & hot water) in a bowl or dish large enough to completely submerge the tag(s) in. Be sure to have a kitchen towel ready to lay out the tags, I like to do a lot at a time and you'll need some space. After the tag has had a dip, and is laying flat on the towel, sprinkle some coffee crystals on while it's still wet...I like to wait a few seconds and blot off the excess liquid. After the tags are dry, which is a surprisingly short time, you are ready to stamp! Go for it!

I used actual printer blocks, but if you have alphabet stamps, that works great too. I used them on the smaller tags



I stamped the first initial of our names and then used a sharpie to hand write the rest



On the smaller tags, I stamped an entire name



This is a very simplified kind of tag. You can get as creative as you want. Can't you just see these on your Thanksgiving table?






So there you have it: Super simple place card tags in a jiffy! Thanks for visiting me!



Don't forget to get your name in the hat to win my Gingerbread Men!


Blogged for Susan at Between Naps on the Porch

and

DIY Day @ ASPTL




0 comments:

Post a Comment