Chic Seat

It's no secret I love to design on the thrifty side, so when my MIL decided to give this settee away, I snatched it right up! I knew she could become something beautiful! I mean one more seat in the house can't hurt right? Right.


The unique shape of the seat, beautiful! I've never really seen anything quite like it before! The "furniture tag" underneath dates it back to 1929.
Before:



Seat cushion Before:


After:




Seat cushion After:



The zebra upholstery fabric was in the remnant bin at Hobby Lobby, I paid under three dollars for it and still have some for another project. I've been wanting to inject a teeny tiny shot of zebra in the living room for some time now, and this was the perfect amount! The cushion came off pretty easy...I ripped off the fringe and stapled on the new fabric right over the old, it was very easy.


I primed the frame with metal primer then sprayed two coats of Almond from Krylon.
I'm still contemplating some fringe, like she originally had, but I'm not really a fringe kinda girl, but we'll see. It looks nice without it too.


Not too bad for an old girl!

Settee: Free

Fabric: $2.72

Paint: On Hand



Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you're inspired!

giveaways
Furniture Feature Fridays
Visit thecsiproject.com




0 comments:

Post a Comment