Autumn Mantle 2012




This is how my mantle has looked all year long. I usually like to change it several times a year, but because of chemo, I haven't touched it. You remember when I got those urns right? Click HERE if you don't remember.

 I started by taking everything down and giving the mantle and hearth a good dusting. I had a few ideas I wanted to execute starting with the making of the extra big "Fall"...Justin did the grunt work I just painted it and applied a finish. I will show you how it was done later this week.


 This wall basket is one of the purchases at Nell Hill's. I originally bought it for the front door, but tried it up on the mantle and liked it. I filled it with branches, leaves, berries and some other stuff. I put a picture hanger in the wall and hung the basket, it worked out pretty good since it didn't stand by itself
  Sprinkles of pumpkins, gourds and berries soften around the "Fall". A faux book to elevate one of the L's and  a cute little wooden squirrel (Kohl's) finish it off.
 Typically, there are white candles in the non-working fireplace, but decided to change it up for my wicker sphere thingies (from Target a few years back). I especially like how the grey wicker talks to the grey finish of "Fall".
 I love these candle holders (Big Lots) and decided to use them again, just changed the candles out.
 I can't wait to show you how we built this, it's really a statement piece.
 Clearance curtains from Z Gallerie, not sure if I totally love the look of them yet, I'm going to leave them up for a little while to see if they grow on me.
 I've been making some other fall touches around the house I'll show you that soon!

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you are inspired!

Good news! The nice people at Kohl's is offering you (my readers) 10% off at Kohl's.com now through October 24th, just use code UBLOGTEN , just because I mentioned where I got my little squirrel from, cool hu?

Joining Kate at Centsational Girl
2011-12-013

0 comments:

Post a Comment