Potting Bench Tablescape

Hi, my name is Michelle and I love to do tablescapes.
It's been a while though, such a long while, this is the first this year....
Here in Missouri the weather is still quite warm with slightly chilly mornings. The leaves have not started turning yet, so I didn't do a full on Fall tablescape, just a hint of the season to come.
I took advantage of the warm, slightly overcast day to photograph outside on my table, the table that I have yet to find any chairs for. I'm still working on it.
Let's talk about the centerpiece first. It's a big table, so a big centerpiece is in order, but a lot of the elements can certainly be used on a smaller scale to fit any table.


I used standard terra cotta pots, a 12" and a 10", each with a cylinder vase, that you've seen me use, oh, about a kajillion times. But darn it, I just love them. I also used some broken pieces of terra cotta to lay on the table as well.


 To soften the edge where glass meets terra cotta, I used lichen (aka reindeer moss) in a BRIGHT green. I think they sell this type at craft stores, but I found this bright green at saveoncrafts.com. It comes in nice big bags too. Some moss is nestled along the broken pieces of terra cotta too then berries and pumpkins tucked in. Finally, grapevine circles around everything, sort of a halo effect.

 The napkins (Home Goods) tucked in a vintage walnut napkin ring and my Mother's flatware.
Now here is a question. Can you Mix vintage Mikasa and Dollar Tree plates together? Yes! The crackle Mikasa salad plates really help the cheap inexpensive rusty orange plates have some class. :) 

 Charger/placemat (I can't decide which) from Pier One. Glassware from Nell Hill's.

 Isn't the green and orange great?
 I didn't use a tablecloth or anything, I really like the old rustic wood to show and it plays off the color of the grapevine
 I hope you are inspired to create your own "Potting Bench" tablescape!
Joining Layla at The Lettered Cottage

***
Thank you for the comments (and emails) yesterday on my health update, you guys are so supportive and are really helping me, thank you!

2011-12-013

0 comments:

Post a Comment