Ribbon Pillow

Just when you thought I couldn't get one more pillow on my sofa...I went and made another one. Just for the record, I am not a seamstress, but simple, elementary projects: I'm OK...just don't ask me to whip out a dress or anything.
If you read my post about embellishing store bought curtains with ribbon, then you know I have discovered the genius of Heat n Bond....which inspired this whole project...I want to see what all I can bond together!
I found this beauteous fabric at Walmart in the 1.00/yd bin, not only was it a beautiful shade of turquoise, but it has the most beautiful shade of cobalt blue on the reverse, that I just fell in love with!

Because I can't sew, yet have some sort of fabric fetish, I bought some and decided to first make a pillow, then maybe with the remaining yardage perhaps squeak out a tablecloth. Unless I can get my dear MIL to sew for me. Elaine are you out there?
I wanted a lumbar type pillow and cut a rough shape out. I planned to have the cobalt on the back, but wanted to have a smidgen on the front too, I cut about about 4" off one side
and flipped it over



I sewed it up and ironed the seam flat





Using Heat n Bond and the same ribbon I used on the curtains, I adhered two strips of the plain ribbon side by side and a second ribbon from my stash, on top, right over the seam. I love the little white stitching on it.





I sewed the pillow up and turned it right side out. It looked pretty good...so far





I stuffed it with poly-fil and hand sewed the opening. I've never sewn ribbon before, but it was really easy and looked nice and tidy.
You might notice in this picture that I forgot to flip the fabric over to have the solid cobalt on the back before I sewed the pillow, oh well...







That will just give me an excuse to make another pillow!!! :)

Loverly!







Thanks for stopping by! I hope you're inspired!!!
















DIY Day @ ASPTL







0 comments:

Post a Comment