Sentimental Season

Just when I thought I couldn't get one more Tablescape out of the famous Claremont dishes....I managed to squeak one more out!

It is sorta hard combining white-white dishes with the warm rustic colors of fall but I think using white adds an element of surprise....What is not a surprise is that it is Tablescape Thursday! This fun party is hosted by the savvy Susan at Between Naps on the Porch! Thank you Susan for hosting! In case you didn't know, I love this time of year...it starts to cool down, the leaves begin to change....oh, I could go on and on (and on)
This time of year, not too long ago I lost my mother...November 19th (2006) to be exact.
She loved dinnerware, glassware, flatware...and so on. (I get it honest:)
I haven't really had the heart to use anything of hers...but I happened upon her silver service.
I remember the box, it sat on top of her china hutch for as long as I can remember.
During the holidays she always used the good china and I can remember that she always had my sister and I set the table...she was too busy cooking...when I opened that box...I was instantly transported to our house on Parkertown Rd...oh yeah, and I am 9 :)



It didn't look any different, some things had been added, and I actually found a small box with a bunch of mismatched silver, which I'm using today. It is badly tarnished, but that doesn't really bother me. I think it looks really neat!






I used a combination of burlap and a cable knit blanket for table coverings, milk glass, everyday glassware, tea towels......


While at Barnyard days, I found a vendor that sold Ozark pine cones...and I just had to get some....I just don't have the time to drive to Ozark and pick them up myself ;)



I love the versatility of these bottles. Mary Carol fans will recognize them from Nell Hill's....and I made my first purchase with her online store of a trio of bottles in the same wicker holder...love!



Thank You for visiting me today!

I've got to go give Daisy a treat! She's been lickin' her chops the whole time we were out here!!
Thanks again to Susan for hosting!




0 comments:

Post a Comment