At Home Thursday: DIY Driftwood Lamp

Do you remember all the driftwood I collected on Table Rock Lake? Well I decided to create a lamp out of all of it. I've been crushing on driftwood adorned lamps and mirrors for some time now, so I wanted to try my hand at creating one for myself.










This is a similar lamp that is $326.00, ouch that hurts, a little (ok, a lot) out of my price range.







I used a lamp that I already had, I bought this at Lowe's several years ago, for around $35.00. It is the perfect type of lamp to start with, skinny middle and modern shade.




This is all the driftwood I collected...I used two pieces of floral wire, wrapped with brown floral tape to hold everything in place. I don't want this to be permanent, you know how easily I bore. :)



I took the shade off and started holding the driftwood in place, finally using the wire to hold everything tight.




It took about twenty minutes, if that, and the shade was ready to go back on and it's ready to place.





On the studded dresser is where the lamp usually resides, so I put it back there. In front of Mom's antique mirror, now I'm ready for some accessories.






Artwork courtesy of Logan, milk glass vase of tulips, little eggs in a terrific turquoise color and a cute owl that I found at Kolh's of all places, I put him under a vintage clock dome.









Anyway, enough blabing, I love how it turned out....what do you think?







Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you are inspired to create your own driftwood lamp!

Interested in seeing my other DIY lamps?

Check these out:

Chippy Lamp

Brass to Black



Joining


Jen @ Tatortots and Jello

and

Stephanie Lynn @ Under the Table and Dreaming


Happy St. Patty's Day!




0 comments:

Post a Comment